75x250mm Welded Straddle Hanger 100ST
Welded Straddle Hanger 75mm x 250mm 100ST
75mm x 250mm Masonry Straddle Joist Hangers are designed for similar applications and installation as the standard Masonry Joist Hangers. The Masonry Straddle hanger is two hangers joined together by a plate on the masonry flange to enable exact alignment of two joists positioned directly opposite each other on either side of a wall or beam. Made from 2.4mm thick Galvanised steel EN 10346 DX51D Z275. Long term safe working load = 3.5 kN.
INSTALLATION of 75x250mm Welded Straddle Hanger 100ST
- The back plate of the hanger should lie flat against the vertical masonry support.
- Masonry flange should have a minimum of 3 courses (675mm masonry) above.
- Both supporting and above masonry should be allowed to mature before any load is applied.
- Joist should be square cut and sit tight to the back of the hanger - maximum gap permitted is 6mm.
- Nail the side flanges with 30 x 3.75mm galvanised square twist nails or equivalent.
- To provide lateral restraint heavy duty straps should be used.
- The masonry flange should always be securely fixed or adequately embedded and should never be placed in dry slots.
- Use appropriate fixings.
- Always ensure that compatible corrosion resistant fixings are used, i.e. do not use galvanised fixings with stainless steel products or vice versa.
- Use correct strength mortar as per British Standard.