I-Joist Hanger is an innovative backer free Joist Hanger to suit solid engineered wood products as well as I-Joists designed to provide support underneath the joist, rafter or beam to provide a stronger connection. It combines maximum load carrying capacity with easy hands-free site installation, at minimum cost.
Types of Timber to Timber I-Joist Hangers
- Top fix I-joist hanger,
- Face fix I-joist hanger
- Unique hands free installation,
- Qualified for use with various nail types,
- Requires less nails,
- Face fix or Top fix design,
- Enhanced load carrying ability,
- Can be used on solid Engineered Wood products or I-Joists.
Note: These hangers shouldn't be modified, as a skew of up to 5 might bring down its holding strength by about 10%.
Top-fix I Joist Hanger
Face-fix Joist hanger
- All standard round holes should be filled with either 2.65 x 40mm or 2.8 x 40mm or 3.4 x 35mm ring-shank nails or 3.75 x 30mm square twist nails.
- Fill diamond shaped holes for enhanced installation to I-Joist with backer blocks or solid LVL or Glulam headers.