A new fence will contribute to the safety, privacy, and aesthetics of your home. Whether youre looking to build a new fence, or add to an existing one, you'd find a wide selection of fencing options at Insulation Shop.
Post Shoes, Gravel Board Clips & Cleats, Arris Rail Brackets, Fence Clips, everything you need for fixing and repairing fence and fence panels.
Bolt-Down Shoes are used for securing posts onto concrete base (fence foundations). Made from mild steel, galvanised and powder-coated for long life. Available in sizez 50x50mm, 75x75mm and 100x100mm.
- Ideal for use when building carports, pergolas, fencing, decking and many other applications,
- Protects the fence post from water, fungal and insect damage,
- Ideal for use, when fence posts are required to be installed on an existing hard surface such as a concrete,
- Highly durable, manufactured from heavy duty mild steel which is then zinc plated, with a moisture resistant brown powder coating over the top,
- Extremely hard wearing and resistant to corrosion due to the dual coating,
- Bolts to mechanically tighten around the fence post for a secure fit and easy removal of fence post at a later date if required.
- Begin by marking the fence line -- a chalk line, or lay out line with pins securely weighted down.
- Position each bolt-down shoe along the line at regular intervals to correspond with the width of the fence panels.
- Mark four drilling holes for each shoe and drill into concrete. Alternatively, these bolts could be encased in concrete at the time of concreting. Also, the bolts can be placed in exact position after drilling with a larger drill and the holes concreted. In case of concreting, you have to wait until concrete gains strength.
- Secure the shoe to concrete with four bolts, while plumbing it vertically.
- Position the fence post and tighten the 2 bolts to secure the fence post.
Spiked Post Shoe is used to hold fence posts above ground level, suitable for standard soil conditions. Available in galvanised mild steel and powder coated in brown colour or long life.. Erect fence posts in minutes without digging holes or mixing concrete. Drive the post support into the ground with a sledge hammer and the 3-fin steel spike will provide secure anchorage. Available in 50x450mm, 75x600mm, 75x700mm and 100x700mm. The two bolts would help to secure the post tightly and in place.
The two bolt, heavy duty system allows even easier post installation and replacement - The bolt grips ensure a secure and long lasting fix for the varying widths of timber.
- Define the fence line with a string line.
- Mark positions with a coloured aerosol spray or some other means.
- Use a driving tool and sledgehammer to drive post spike shoes into the ground in marked positions.
- Ensure all are square to the fence line.
- Place the wooden posts into the post spike shoes.
- Bolt them firmly into the post spike shoes until all are securely held, while keeping them plumb.
Repair spike solves the problem of rotted posts that have broken off at ground level, which were once in a concrete base. Made from mild steel, galvanised and powder-coated for long life.
- Use a Repair Spike to replace fence a failed post that has been sunk into concrete.
- Cut off the the existing post, so that it is horizontal and flush with the surface of the concrete.
- Place the Repair Spike onto the existing post stub, so that the corner of the spur is on one corner of the stub.
- Use a sledgehammer and the driving tool to hammer the Repair Spike into the concrete.
- Check that the post is vertical by using a spirit level.
- The bolt grips ensure a secure and long lasting fix for the varying widths of timber.
Fence Post Extender is ideal for joining two fence posts together. Made from mild steel, galvanised and powder-coated for long life. Available in 75x75mm and 100x100mm cross section. Fixing hole size M10.
Arris rail bracket is suitable for securing arris rails to a square fence post when building a feather edge fence or to repair a broken wooden arris rail to an existing post. Made from galvanised steel. Available in lengths 230mm and 300mm.
Arris rail has a triangular cross-section that allows rainwater to run off away from the fence boards. Traditionally arris rails had tongues cut at their ends which fitted into slots cut in the posts. The tongues took the full weight of the forces on the fence, so they often broke after a time. Galvanised steel arris rail repair brackets could be used to repair broken rails as necessary. They can be used when constructing a new fence, they avoid having to repair the fence for a long time.
Instead of spend a lot of time cutting the tongues and slots of an arris rail, you can simply fix the arris rail to bracket and fix the bracket to the fence. Your fence will be up much quicker.
Mortice Arris rail bracket is used for attaching a standard arris rail to a concrete post. Made from galvanised steel. This is the perfect bracket if you have existing concrete posts and need to replace the rails between the posts.
- The Mortice Arris rail bracket is hammered into the mortise hole on a concrete post to allow a new triangular Arris rail to be installed.
- The metal bracket will compress and shape itself into the mortise hole in the post as it is hammered in gripping the post tight.
- The Arris rail is then attached with screw or nails to the bracket.
Handed Arris rail bracket is suitable for fitting plain unended arris rails to blank posts. Made from galvanised steel.
These Arris rail support brackets allow a triangular Arris rail to be attached to a post without the need for a mortise hole in the post or the rail being ended to slot into that hole. The benefits are that they are quick and easy to fit. You can move the rails up and down the post to position them where you need them. You rest the Arris rails down into the bracket and can attach them with just a single screw this could allow for a relatively quick removal. They can be used these for a removable fence section. These brackets are handed left or right hand.
Fencing Clip is a quick and easy way to secure fence panels and trellis to timber posts or plugged and screwed into masonry. Made from galvanised steel. Available in 35mm, 38mm, 44mm and 51mm widths.
Gravel Board Clips are used to fix gravel boards securely to timber and concrete fence posts.