75x225mm Welded Masonry Joist Hanger
Welded Masonry Joist Hanger 75mm x 225mm
75mm x 225mm Welded Masonry Joist Hanger is designed to support 225mm high timber joist. The joist hanger's actual height is 215mm, and the flange is built into brick or block wall. It has a minimum crushing strength of 3.5N/mm. Welded Masonry Joist Hanger is also suitable for many timber to timber and timber to steel applications, where masonry flange should be securely fixed to the timber or to steel beams using appropriate fixings.
Installation of 75x 225mm Welded Masonry Joist Hanger
- The back plate of the hanger should lie flat against the vertical masonry support,
- The masonry flange should never be placed in dry slots,
- Masonry flange should have a minimum of 3 courses (675mm masonry) above,
- Use correct strength mortar as per British Standard,
- Both supporting and above masonry should be allowed to mature before any load is applied,
- Joist should be square cut and sit tight to the back of the hanger - maximum gap permitted is 6mm,
- Nail the side flanges with 30 x 3.75mm galvanised square twist nails or equivalent,
- To provide lateral restraint HD Straps should be used,
- Use appropriate corrosion resistant fixings. Do not use galvanised fixings with stainless steel products or vice versa.
- Pre Galvanised Steel S280GD+Z275
- Also available in Stainless Steel
- Manufactured to EN 845 - 1:2013.
- Galvanised steel to EN10346 DX51D Z275 or grade 1.4301 austenitic stainless steel to EN 10088 - 2.
- Tested by CERAM Research Ltd Notification Body No.1289.