50mm Drywall Joint Tape - 90m roll
50mm wide professional internal plastering joint tape. Open weave self-adhesive plasterers scrim tape is used for reinforcing joints and patching repairs on plasterboard.
- Tapered drywall joints have special edges that provide a pocket for joint compound and tape.
- Mix the setting compound and completely fill all wide gaps. Keep the fill flush with the drywall surface.
- Lay on the joint tape and lightly smooth it into the compound with a knife and spread a thin coat of compound over the top of the tape.
- Make light strokes with your knife.
- Inside corners rest one end of your knife blade on the tape in the corner and the other on the drywall surface to create an even taper along each wall.
- Lay compound each side of the corner and then sharply crease the joint tape and tuck it into the corner. The crease stiffens the tape and helps keep the corner straight and crisp.
- Quickly and lightly stroke the knife over both sides of the tape to position it exactly in the corner.
- Spread a thin coat of compound over the top of the tape. Make light strokes with your knife.