600x2500mm Galvanised Steel Rib Lath Sheet
Galvanised Rib Lath is stiffened by longitudinal ribs, for use on ceilings and partitions. For internal and external plaster key applications and anti-crack control. In external applications and where there is regular exposure to moisture, heavy condensation, persistent damp or concern that drying out times may be extended stainless steel should be used. Made from galvanised steel to EN 10346 DX51D Z275 or grade 1.4301.
- Gloves should be worn as edges will be sharp.
- Rib Lath is fixed so that the tip of the rib is placed against the supporting background. The rib of the sheet should run at right angles to any supports. Ensure that the sheets are overlapped by a minimum of 50mm end to end and by 25mm widthways and that the ribs are nestled together.
- Timber Support - Rib Lath is fixed at each rib to timber supports using plasterers nails, screws or staples. Ensure that compatible corrosion resistant fixings are used, i.e. do not use galvanised fixings for stainless steel.
- Metal Support - Rib lath is fixed at each rib to metal support using 1.63mm galvanised or stainless steel tying wire. When joining Rib Lath sheets overlap the edge ribs and tie the edges with 1.22mm tying wire at 150mm centres.
- Solid Background - Rib Lath can be fixed to a solid background using a suitable fixing which holds the ribs firmly against the background. Where sheets are installed vertically, fixings should be positioned through all ribs at 600mm centres to ensure adequate stability.
- Always ensure that compatible corrosion resistant fixings are used, i.e. do not used galvanised fixings with stainless steel products or vice versa.