44x125mm Welded Masonry Joist Hanger
44x125mm Welded Masonry Joist Hanger | 44mm x 125mm Hangers
44mm x 125mm Welded Masonry Joist Hanger is designed to support timber joists built in to brick or block walls with a minimum crushing strength of 3.5N/mm. It is also suitable for many timber to timber and for timber to steel applications. The masonry flange should be securely fixed to the timber or to steel beams using appropriate fixings. Long term safe working load = 3.5 kN.
Installation for 44mm x125mm Welded Masonry Joist Hanger
- The back plate of the hanger should lie flat against the vertical masonry support,
- The masonry flange should never be placed in dry slots,
- Masonry flange should have a minimum of 3 courses (675mm masonry) above,
- Use correct strength mortar as per British Standard,
- Both supporting and above masonry should be allowed to mature before any load is applied,
- Joist should be square cut and sit tight to the back of the hanger - maximum gap permitted is 6mm,
- Nail the side flanges with 30 x 3.75mm galvanised square twist nails or equivalent,
- To provide lateral restraint HD Straps should be used,
- Use appropriate corrosion resistant fixings. Do not use galvanised fixings with stainless steel products or vice versa.
- Pre Galvanised Steel S280GD+Z275
- Also available in Stainless Steel
- Manufactured to EN 845 - 1:2013.
- Galvanised steel to EN10346 DX51D Z275 or grade 1.4301 austenitic stainless steel to EN 10088 - 2.
- Tested by CERAM Research Ltd Notification Body No.1289.