47x125mm - R115mm Masonry Return Hanger
Masonry Return Hanger 47mm x 125mm - R115mm
The Masonry Return Joist Hangers are designed for similar applications and installation as the standard Masonry Joist Hangers. The return adds additional lateral support by wrapping around the back of the masonry or timber. They have a 25mm drop on the return flange as standard but many specials and variations can be made to order. Long term safe working load = 5.4 kN.
- Pre glavanised 2.4mm
- Galvanised steel EN 10346 DX51D Z600.
- Manufactured to EN 845-1:2013.
- Where appropriate tested by CERAM Research Ltd Notification Body No.1289.
Installation of 47x125mm - R115mm Masonry Return Hanger
- The back plate of the hanger should lie flat against the vertical masonry support.
- Masonry flange should have a minimum of 3 courses (675mm masonry) above.
- Both supporting and above masonry should be allowed to mature before any load is applied.
- Joist should be square cut and sit tight to the back of the hanger - maximum gap permitted is 6mm.
- Nail the side flanges with 30 x 3.75mm galvanised square twist nails or equivalent.
- To provide lateral restraint heavy duty straps should be used.
- The masonry flange should always be securely fixed or adequately embedded and should never be placed in dry slots.
- Always ensure that compatible corrosion resistant fixings are used, i.e. do not use galvanised fixings with stainless steel products or vice versa.
- Use correct strength mortar as per British Standard