50x100mm Single Piece Masonry Hanger
50x100mm Timber to Masonry Single Piece Masonry Hanger
50mm x 100mm Single Piece Joist Hanger are designed to support timber joists built in to brick or block walls with a minimum crushing strength of 3.5N/mm. They are also suitable for many timber to timber applications by fixing the masonry flange securely to the timber or to steel beams using appropriate fixings. The straight top flange and a lock plate allows the hanger to be transformed into a straddle or a hook over, with no special equipment required. Long term safe working load = 5.4 kN.
FIXING INSTRUCTIONS for 50x100mm Single Piece Masonry Hanger
- The back plate of the hanger should lie flat against the vertical masonry support.
- Masonry flange should have a minimum of 3 courses (675mm masonry) above.
- Both supporting and above masonry should be allowed to mature before any load is applied.
- Joist should be square cut and sit tight to the back of the hanger - maximum gap permitted is 6mm.
- Nail the side flanges with 30 x 3.75mm galvanised square twist nails or equivalent. Stainless steel hangers shouldbe nailed using 30 x 3.75 annular ring shank nails.
- To provide lateral restraint HD straps should be used.
- The masonry flange should always be securely fixed or adequately embedded and should never be placed in dryslots.
- Use appropriate fixings.
- Always ensure that compatible corrosion resistant fixings are used, i.e. do not use galvanised fixings with stainlesssteel products or vice versa.
- Use correct strength mortar as per British Standard.
- Galvanised steel to EN 10346 DX51D Z600.
- Tested by CERAM Research Ltd Notification Body No.1289.
- Manufactured to EN 845-1:2013.